The Old Dominion Athletic Conference announced the 2020 Women's Lacrosse Preseason Poll today. The Royals were picked 11th in their inaugural season.
EMU received 12 points as voted on by the coaches, placing them behind Randolph and Ferrum, who received 20 and 25 points. Washington and Lee topped the poll with 10 first place votes as the reigning ODAC Tournament champions, as Randolph-Macon came in second with the final first place tally.
EMU opens their season on the road at Juniata on Saturday, March 7 with their first home game being played on Wednesday, March 11 against Bethany. The Royals open conference play on March 25 at Virginia Wesleyan.
The six-team ODAC Tournament begins with quarterfinals games on Wednesday, April 29. The semifinals and finals will be hosted by the top seed on Saturday and Sunday, May 2-3.
For more information on ODAC women's lacrosse, visit the website of any of the participating schools, or go to the ODAC's home on the Internet at www.odaconline.com. Don't forget to become a fan of the ODAC on Facebook and follow @odacathletics on Twitter and Instagram.
2020 ODAC WOMEN'S LACROSSE PRESEASON POLL
(#) Denotes First Place Votes
1. Washington and Lee University (10) - 100 pts.
2. Randolph-Macon College (1) - 89 pts.
3. Roanoke College - 80 pts.
4. Shenandoah University - 77 pts.
5. University of Lynchburg - 64 pts.
6. Virginia Wesleyan University - 52 pts.
7. Bridgewater College - 47 pts.
8. Guilford College - 39 pts.
9. Ferrum College - 25 pts.
10. Randolph College - 20 pts.
11. Eastern Mennonite University - 12 pts.